I have several students in my class this year that I had 4 years ago in first grade! It's seems like just yesterday to me, but I heard the comment today that, "I don't even remember you in first grade." Well, holy cow, kid... you spent a lot of time with me, but I guess their 10 short years of life include so many "new" experiences that I guess the memories of your first grade year can be overshadowed. Most do remember me and tell how excited they are to be in my class again, which warms my heart! I've made a promise to myself that I'll stop worrying about getting through curriculum this year and sllloooowww down and enjoy the giggles, jokes, and miniature musings of this group of 10 year old... it will be June before I know it. :)
On another note, I forgot to mention I got my hair cut last week... not trimmed...CUT. My and Derek's conversation...
Derek: You got a lot of hair cut off.
Me: Yes, about 4 or 5 inches. I was ready for a change.
Derek: I'm not so sure I was.
Derek is definitely a long hair guy. He always has been. It must be because my hair was almost down to my a$$ when we started dating. Oh well... it will grow back. I don't love it short, don't hate it. I'll probably let it grow a few inches. It is a little shorter than I originally expected. I would post a picture, but if you read my blog yesterday my camera is broke!! I did get a few pics before it did, but they are still on my memory card. I'll post one in the next few days.
Well, it's 8:35 pm and I need to go home (yes, I'm still @ work!) and get some rest. I have Curriculum Night tomorrow night until 8:45 pm. I can't complain too much because then it's smooth sailing until conferences in November. :) Hope everyone had a great first day back to school!
{Good Stuff} Saw one of my absolute favorite former students today after school... C-man I'll call him. He lights up my world and gives me a perma smile. Here's a picture of the cute kid!
1 comment:
Can't wait to see the new 'do :)
Post a Comment