Tuesday, July 27, 2010

To all my favorite girlfriends... this is my song to you! xo!

This goes out to each of you... to remember each and every time we have laughed, danced, sang, and leaned on each other! Whenever you hear this song think of me and all of the wonderful memories we have created together... and the many more that are to come! Love you!




The story behind the song: I had recently come home for a fun weekend away with girlfriends... D loves when I go away with girlfriends... he loves the funny stories I share (although, he never laughs quite as hard as we did while living the story OR as hard as I do retelling the story)... he loves my girlfriends and the memories we create together... back to the song's story... we were sitting on the couch catching up on Tivo'd shows... one being Cougar Town... at the end of the show the cast was dancing around a campfire on the beach late in the evening, having cocktails, laughing, and singing... this song was playing while they were doing so... I was half paying attention when Derek looked at me and said, "This is your and your girlfriends' song." I looked back and said, "Hm?" and then focused in on the show... started really listening and watching the "scene" that was showing with the song... it IS totally my and my girlfriends' song! It was awesome that he had noticed and really listened otherwise I would have missed it!

Love to each of you! Thanks for all the great times "we've left our boyfriends behind and danced..."

4 comments:

Kim said...

Love it Girlfriend! Can't wait until I hear it again, smile and think of you! :)

Lori said...

The link wasn't working when I tried, so I will have to youtube it...but anyway, I watch Cougar Town and that was a great episode with all of them on the beach.

Lori said...

Okay...I watched it..and yes, it is a nice song. I just remember thinking during that episode how great it is that they all love each other no matter what...even with their differences in personalities, ages and goals in life. The ease of the song demonstrates their comfort with each other, where they can be themselves and still be loved. That is what true friendships are all about. xoxo

~Amy said...

LOVED it!! As I was listening every fun,crazy thing we've ever done was flashing before my eyes! Love you!