Saturday, September 8, 2007

WHY did I stay up until 3:00 am last night....



because I L-O-V-E hanging out and catching up with my girlfriends!!! What a gift! Marlo and Nancy (this is Nancy and Marlo at Nancy's salon (Marlo 5 months pregnant with her boys Dylan and Jacob back in 2005... she looks absolutely amazing again after having had twins {she looks beautiful here, too} I would have taken a picture of us last night, but my camera is BROKEN! {sad}) came over last night and we had such a great time sharing each other's gossip, laughing, talking about old times, wondering about the future, keeping it real about husbands and kids, complaining about aging, munching on food and enjoying drinks. What a great night! What a pleasure it was to end a very loonnnggg stressful week with these two gals. I simply love them!




On another note... what can a little over $100.00 get you these days... 4 pair of pants, 6 tops, and two pair of shoes! Can you believe it?? I went to the mall today to buy some new running shoes. Well, I decided to take a peek in Ann Taylor Loft and I walked out with the above items. Obviously, they were having a GREAT sale... plus I got an extra 20% off my entire purchase for being a teacher... yes, I said for being a teacher! I went to Ann Taylor's website and there was a link for teachers. I signed up and they emailed me a 20% off coupon... cool, eh? On my little excursion I also got some GREAT deals at the Gap. I got this really cute brown shirt for TWO DOLLARS AND NINE CENTS! (Glee!). It was marked $2.97 and them another 30% off! Crazy, eh? I got a sweatshirt for $7.00 and several "My Favorite Gap Tees" (that's what Gap calls them and they are truly my favorite) for a little over $6.00 and a great pair of boots for a little less than $20.00. On continue my shopping ventures at a new store called Love Forever 21... too cool! Great costume jewelry, sunglasses, panties, hair stuff, and other misc. accessories. It's a must see if you like accessories. Finally, I ended at Ulta... love that store! I got some new Rusk shampoo/conditioner for $10.00 each for the HUGE bottles, some flat-iron hair protector, hairspray, root boost, eyeliner, a new round brush, and finally some new make up. My g-friend Amy introduced me to Bare Minerals... which I've used for awhile. I "stalked" the makeup counter at Ulta eaves dropping on the makeup lade telling another client about the differences between Bare Minerals and another makeup called Pur Minerals. Well, it sounded like exactly what I was looking for. Bare Minerals works great for me during the summer and early fall months, but it simply doesn't give me enough coverage (even out my skin tone) during the late fall and winter months. I learned today that Pur Minerals would give what I need during those months. It provides a little more coverage than Bare Minerals and looked great on the lady that had the mini makeover. So, I bought it. Obviously, I haven't used it yet, so I'll report back once I do. I hope it lives up the all the hype... that said... Ulta was another GREAT purchase because they had a 20% off your entire purchase today. I didn't have the coupon, but the cashier was happy to share one with me! Cha-Ching! Oh, I forgot... the purpose of my shopping trip was to get the running shoes... here's my other great deal... I went to Foot Locker looking for my favorite running shoes (Nike Shox). These shoes are pretty prices (a little over a $100 a pair, but they are worth it!). I found this really cute pink/gray/white pair that I liked, but they weren't on sale. There was another pair that I didn't like quite as much on sale for $79.99, so I decide to make the "sacrifice." There were two other pairs for the same sale price that I didn't "love" but justified they were running shoes, so the color really didn't matter. I asked the salesman for my size. He came back with random shoes that he had in my size... none of them the "sale" shoes, but one pair was the favorite "first" pair I liked that weren't on sale. I tried them on and they were SOOOO comfortable. Not thinking I had a shot in hell in getting the sale price I threw it out there. "Can you match the sale price on these shoes since you don't have my size in any of the sales shoes?" Without an argument he said, "Sure." I almost fainted because nothing in life is ever that easy! So up to the cash register I went with my "favorite" pair at the sale price. A great shopping day like this is almost euphoric! How can I have shopper's remorse when I got such a great deal on EVERYTHING! :)

Now, why are you still sitting there... get your a$$ to Great Lakes Crossing and pick up some great deals for yourself!

{School Stuff} I was walking the kindergartners and first grader bussers into the school to show them where to line up, etc., when they arrive at school each morning. The bell rang in the middle of my instructions and one of the first graders shouted out, "I've gotta go. I'm going to be retarded! I've gotta go. I'm going to be retarded!" in mild-panic way. It took everything I had to not burst out laughing right in the kid's face... he obviously meant he was going to be "tardy."

{More School Stuff} On Friday I had a student say to another student, "You're a pu$$y." Where does a fifth grader get THAT WORD???

{Good Stuff} Good deals come when you are least expecting them... refer back to my above post.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I love the comments the kids in your classroom make! It is such a good laugh. I would have to say the "P" word came from an older sibling, an older neighborhood kid or from a movie he watched. Soap in the mouth still works in this day and age. lol.