Monday, June 23, 2008

Fun Project!

One of my goals has been to get my childhood pictures in order, scanned, and (some) scrapbooked. Well, I'm in good shape with getting them in order. I feel like I've created a pretty good system and could actually take out some pictures and make some pages (the pictures were in a big plastic tub that I confiscated from my mom). My one mission is to at least get my childhood birthday pictures together and focus on them when scrapbooking. What a treat it has been going through and organzing these pictures. I have most of my birthdays accounted for starting at age 4. I'm not sure if pictures exist for the previous birthdays (I'm sure they do and are at my grandma's house somewhere, but that's another story!). Anyway, I have found some great pictures of my deceased grandparents and me and other miscellaneous friends and family. I found one picture that I absolutely love... I look like a TOTAL dork, but love how happy and carefree I look. It's almost hard to believe it is me... it just seems like some other little girl having a blast at her birthday party. Take a look... How about those pigtails? How about those glasses? This was my 10th birthday and some of you may recognize Amy Wilson (from school) in the back and that is Kim Doyle (from school) on the right. I forgot the girl's name standing next to Amy (Kerry maybe?) and that is my cousin, Ruth Ann, on the left. I'd love to know who Kim is looking at further to the right. I've only found a few pictures from this birthday, but hope to find more to see who else was there. Oh, the memories!

3 comments:

Heather Leigh said...

My mom put all of our childhood pictures into albums - one for me, one for my sister, and one for my brother. The problem is, they are those sticky albums from the 70s and 80s. My goal is to sometime in my lifetime, remove those pictures from those acidic albums and put them into something a bit more archival friendly. And maybe scrapbook a pic or two. Eventually....

~Amy said...

How FUN!! And that totally looks like you and your personality minus the glasses !!

Errica said...

That is such a funny picture. I need to go raid my moms pictures before they get detroyed at her house.