To wake up in the morning with a smile on your face has be one of the best feelings in the whole world! That's what I did Sunday morning. As I woke from my deep slumber great memories of the night before flashed through my mind, but what made my heart swell the most was once again realizing how unbelievably LUCKY I am to have such wonderful people in my life. Each and every person that joined us Saturday night is so important to both Derek and I. Although our party wasn't technically my "birthday" party it did fall on my birthday. Let me say that it was one of the best birth "days" I have had! It started with Derek offering to make me breakfast (I declined because I didn't want to clean the kitchen {again} before guests arrived), so he offered to take me to breakfast. We were going to go, but by the time we got our butts in gear and headed out the door it was almost time to go to Chris' nephew, Brenden's, fundraiser. At the same time I talked to Karen (who was on her way the Secretary of State to renew Ken's expired license and plates) and realized my plates and license expired that day, too. I didn't know that some SOS offices are open on Saturday until I talked to Karen. Off we went to meet them and renew my license. Then, we went to Brenden's fundraiser for a bit. What a great, well-planned event. Brenden went into the hospital today to prepare for a kidney transplant (from his dad) that will take place Wednesday. Good thoughts are going their way! After the fundraiser we came home to get ready for the party. We went to Clarkston Cafe' for dinner (awesome as usual) with Karen, Ken, and David. Now, dinner before one of our parties is a treat right there! We are always running around finishing last minute details, but Saturday we were on top of our game and had everything done the night before. We arrived back home just 15 minutes before the party was to begin to find great friends already here... and so the absolute blast of an evening began! I would like to personally thank Kim for starting the dances behind the soji (sp?) screen on our deck... I believe that was the best source of entertainment the entire evening. Thanks to everyone who brought me gifts and cards (definitely was not expected, but greatly appreciated)! Thanks to Jeff, Marty and crew for singing "Happy Birthday" to me! Thanks to all of my dance partners through the night... love that I had *drunk* Marlo back! Just like old times! Thanks to all of the ladies who cooperated with my "special" photo sessions (remember NO ONE can be identified by face in these pictures LOL!). Thanks Rick for being a makeshift DJ... thank you to whoever fixed my camera (can't even remember!) I was getting very stressed! Thanks to Kevin for changing my shoes and Terri for letting me sit on his lap while he did (and to Rachel for letting my borrow her shoes for a bit). Thanks to Derek and Darrin for making Marlo feel safe while doing a backward keg stand. Thanks to David for all of his help in setting things up! Thanks to Dena for suggesting we get bananas for our soji screen dances! Pure entertainment! Thanks to Teacher of the Year Mark for helping in the kitchen! Thanks to Teddy and Ken for the awesome fireworks! Thanks to Craig for catching me when I fell and all of the laughter! You are such a hoot! Thanks to whoever stayed up with me until the sun came up! That's when I knew I needed to head to my bat cave! Loved every minute of my 2008 birthday! Thanks again to each and every one of you who helped me celebrate! I love and appreciate you more that you'll ever know!



7 comments:
What a great party! Loved the deck especially "those" screens :)
Errica was the one who fixed your camera.
Had a blast!!!!
Kim :)
WAAAAAHHHHH! That's all I have to say! I missed Joe! And Moll's last hurrah :( Karen looks great!
Most of all I missed YOU !
XOXO
Amy, hey what about me???
:)
I'm surprised you had a smile, how was your head? lol
Matt was a little rough Sunday morning and had to wait to run till 8pm.
Yah Amy, what about us? We missed you!
Another outrageous party, what a great time.
I missed you guys too :) Just see you more often than Joe & Molly !!
XOXO
I WILL make it to one of your bashes, yet...I PROMISE! Looks like you all had a blast! Happy belated birthday!!
I was one of the best nights. I am so glad I was able to make it before my big adventure out west! I missed you too Amy! It was not the same without you!!!
Post a Comment