1. Last month I had my last hair appointment at my girlfriend, Nancy's,

salon. It is now closed for good. I've been going there for bi-monthly girls' night haircuts with my other girlfriend, Marlo, for years! It was a bitter-sweet night! Nancy is on the far right. She is a
very talented hair dresser! Simply the best! Now that she is moving to South Carolina I'm not sure what the h*ll I'm going to do about my hair. The three of us have concocted this plan that we can meet half-way every 6

-8 weeks to get our hair done... the men in our lives weren't as excited about our idea as we are! We'll see!
2. My nephew, Anthony, turned TWENTY-ONE! Now if that doesn't make me feel old I'm not sure what will! He handled the drinking like a
rock star (yes, he is officially a party of this family). He had shot after shot after shot after drink and still left Mr. B's standing. Sorry for the goofy pic,
Anth, but it's the only one I have of us together (he's licking his lips). He's a cool kid and it's fun watching him grow into a

young adult! Here we are when I was 16 and he was almost two!

3. Derek and I had the pleasure of taking my parents to their fir

st wine-tasting experience

(to their surprise!) It was totally impromptu while we were driving around Mission Point over Memorial Day weekend. My dad is acting as if he's "pulling" my mom into the winery given it's an
old schoolhouse.
4. Karen and I drove up north to spend Father's Day with my parents. It was nice to relax and my parents for the afternoon.

5. Went to my first 8 year old birthday party in almost 29 years! Nancy's oldest daughter, Veronica, had a birthday sleepover to celebrate her birthday and her leaving for South Carolina in a few weeks. The girls were adorable, but holy cow were some of them
feisty! Veronica is a beautiful young lady who is so well-mannered... simply adorable as are all of Nancy's children
(I would post a picture, but she is with her little girlfriends and I don't want to post someone else's child that I don't even know). This is the reason I am so HAPPY that she is having another!! Yep! Nance is pregnant! I'm not sure if she wants me to put this on my blog for the whole world to read, but I'm going to! She and Patrick were a little startled, but I couldn't be happier for them.

5. And last, but not least, we had the pleasure of celebrating Ken's 40
th birthday with him and Karen last Saturday night. We went downtown to a cool little Italian restaurant called
la Dolce Vita. It is one of our favorite restaurants for its cozy, intimate atmosphere. It was the perfect "responsible, respectable" celebration, but I warned Ken that we would have an all-out celebration this weekend at our summer party.

2 comments:
Yay for Pat & Nancy! What a surprise! Happy 40th Ken and I am SOOOO sad that I will miss the party WAHHHHH !
I've had 2 fantastic hair stylist move away and it really sucks. I've been lucky to find new ones after but it does take time.
Post a Comment