Thursday, June 19, 2008

This thing is finally working!

Holy Moly.... we were without cable AND internet for 11, YES, ELEVEN days due to the storms early last week! It was okay for the first few days. I was still working... it was still okay for the next few days because I was "coming down" off of a month of absolute fun, chaos, and craziness. However, by the last 7 days I was about to go CRAZY. I missed 11 days of TIVO recordings, wasn't able to check email, wasn't able to read blogs, wasn't able to post to my blog, wasn't able to surf the net... the inconvenience of conveniences! Anyway, we are back up and going now, so here I am! What in the world has been happening? Let's see...

1. My principal resigned and is moving out of the area... that about killed me. If you know how well I get along with my principal then you understand.
2. My close friend Nancy, and her family, are moving to South Carolina... yes! another one gone! Pretty soon I won't have any friends left in Michigan. Not happy about this move either!
3. My parents celebrated their 42nd wedding anniversary yesterday.
4. Derek has been working hard on our "kitchen" deck and it looks amazing! I'll take pictures and post them.
5. I have gotten our CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) under control after what felt like weeks of being away from home.
6. Made piles of projects to get done over the next few weeks.
7. Made a "going away" scrapbook for my principal.
8. Took my sista in for some scary back pain procedure... poor girl. She has been dealing with back problems for some time... she's a tough one though, but I still feel bad for her.
9. Loving that I'm out of school!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, didn't realize you were down just thought very busy :)

Can't wait to get caught up!

Call me and we can get together now that you are done with work. Addie & I usually run around between 10am and 1pm or you are always welcome here and we can have grown up time while she naps. Pick a nice sunny day :)

Kim

~Amy said...

YAY! Glad your back up and running! Can't wait to see pics of your deck and your girls trip. Bob is moving?? The best thing for you to do is take his place! Go for it!!