Now this may not look very steep from this angle... how about this one...
I can't find pictures looking from the top down, but trust me it's steep and curvy! Yes, we do have a snow melt system (heated driveway), but when the snow comes down fast and hard it simply cannot keep up sometimes. When we first built our house I had a Mustang GT convertible... did not do well the first winter, so I gladly bought a four-wheel drive. Still slid down the hill... wasn't happy about giving up the convertible for a four-wheel drive when it slid down the hill, too! Derek convinced me it was the SUV I had (Nissan Xterra) or was it that I convinced myself? Don't remember. :) Anyway, when we shopped for my next vehicle I knew I couldn't go back to a sports car full-time (damn!), so I looked at every mid-size SUV known to man (can't do huge trucks... I'd hit everything in sight!). I decided I liked the bad-ass feel of the Hummer H3. I felt I could move... I mean drive... over mountains in it. So we bought it. Now, I bought it very, very hesitantly because I had purchased GM vehicles in the past and had nothing but BIG (and I mean big!) problems with either the purchase transaction or the vehicle itself. Well, I loved, loved that truck! It did drive up and down mountains (at least our little one!) safely... it never slid... never let me down once! Well, last fall when I had to chose another vehicle (lease was up!) I decided I wanted another H3. Derek was shocked! I don't drive vehicles more than 2 or 3 years... I get bored. I had that H3 for 2 years, so Derek was sure I should get a different truck for fear of boredom and wanting a different vehicle. I tried to convince him that I really did like my H3, but he encouraged me to look around. So I did. I looked at and drove FJ Cruisers and the Saab SUV (forgot its name). I thought about a Yukon (too big!) and some other random SUVs. Nothing "fit" me right, so we went to look at the new H3s. I drove one and it felt like home! This was weird because, as Derek pointed out, usually I am sooo ready to move on to a new car! Nope! Not this time! I stuck with my tough truck!Here is my first one... 2006 H3.
Here is my new one... 2009 H3.
Can you tell the difference??LOL! They ARE a different color... first one is black... second one is black metallic. LOL! Anyone who knows me knows I only drive black vehicles. Always have! Derek wanted to change the color... metallic was as far as I would go. There are other differences in the interior... the new one has a sun roof and black seats with cool stitching... my last one had black seats with a cool brownish orange trim. The new one has a different arm rest/handle on the doors. Other than that they are pretty much the same truck. Still love it...3 months later! Oh, and it is very cool that it can park like this in crowded parking lots...
1 comment:
I remember all to well the scary ride up your drive way in my mini-van when Derek had to come rescue us half way up! Good choice sticking with te H3 !!
Post a Comment