Here are a few on my favorite pictures for our late-season celebration.
For the past several years my dad has taken the time to find something special that he picks out on his own to give to me. This year he picked a pink Snuggie.
Derek and I always chuckle when we see the commercials for these, but I always told him I wanted one. It was fun to receive it from my dad for Christmas! Derek snickered and playfully rolled his eyes when I opened it because he knew that I wanted one, but always made fun of the "snuggie blanket with arms".... be I am sure that he secretly thinks its cool! I would say that I will, at some point, see him wrapped up in it on the couch, but given it's pink I think that may deter him! LOL! I will be taking this to Italy to use on the overnight flight... I have a feeling that may be the time Derek makes use of it, too! :)
I also want to toot my mom's horn! EVERY year she finds the perfect gifts... always so personal to each of us! This year was no different! She got me the softest, most comfy pajamas I have ever had! I don't know the material, but it is similar to fleece, but softer and fuzzier! I love them! Derek loves snuggling up to me when I have them on... he said it's like cozy-ing up to a human blanket! She also got me this really cozy blanket... I love wrapping up in it on the couch and have even wrapped up in it in bed because it's so soft! She got me many great gifts, but I also love that she always gets beautiful Christmas ornaments to add to my collection.
Christmas in January was just as special as to me as Christmas in December! Thanks, Mom and Dad!

3 comments:
Love that your Mom gets the love of fuzzy-ness!! I still use the blanket she made me ALL of the time !!
Too funny, we have chuckled about that whole Snuggie thing as well. That is SO sweet!
I agree that doing Christmas in January would be more low key and intimate.
It's so great to see pics of your folks!! They look great:) Always loved them. xoxo,
n
Post a Comment