I secretly want to be Martha Stewart... well, not really "be" her, but I would love to have all of her domestic knowledge (or have personal assistances to teach me how to do all domestic things). Today, I planted our gardern... or most of it. Derek and I went to Eastern Market yesterday (another cold, windy day at Flower Day!) and bought the garden plants... we bought lots of tomatoes, green beans, cucumbers, squash, zucchini, watermelon, and green peppers. Yum!! I don't want to wish summer away (it's my favorite season), but I love eating fresh vegetables from the garden. I do have to say that my garderns have always been successful (probably because of the automatic sprinkler system and Derek helping with maintenance), but I can't always say the same for the annual flowers that I plant. I got a jump start on that today, too. I got two planters done (pretty easy... spikes with some impatiens). I'll finish the rest in the next week or so. I love how pretty they are when they become full and colorful. This is the start to a wonderful summer...
Thank you, Derek, for stopping at Taco Bell tonight and picking up a chicken hard taco supreme for me... one of many nice things he does for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment