Sunday, June 3, 2007

I Did It.... Again

I took the Motorcycle Safety Course this weekend at Macomb Community College. I haven't ridden my bike in over 3 years, so it was time. Learning to ride a motorcycle is truly the most difficult thing I have done in my life both mentally and physically. Usually, when I set my mind to something I'm able to easily accomplish it with a little hard work and elbow grease. Riding a motorcycle has NOT been easy for me... well, riding fast down the highway is easy, but riding slowly is definately my challenge. I believe it is a combination of mental fear and lack of skills. Well, I did improve yesterday at my training course... the instructors were patient and explained things well...I feel more confident... I was able to do my two most challenging riding skills before leaving yesterday (making a 90 degree turn at a slow speed and doing a U-turn without putting my feet down), so that's a plus. Mind over matter, right? My worst habit is not looking where I *want to go.* Oh well, at least I got back on a bike and rode without falling over! Ha ha! Today's a rainy day, but when it clears up I'll have to get on my bike and take it for a spin... even if it's a short one! I am now officially a motorcycle chick (again)!

No comments: