Wednesday, September 12, 2007

We're alllmmooosst ready for snow to fly...

with the snow melt system on our driveway, that is. It seems like this system has been on our plate forever (I guess it has been), but it's finally almost complete. Derek and my forever favorite electrician and BF, Mel, having been working on the last bit of electrical work that needs to be done (big wires, long wires, and I'm not really sure what else) the past few nights. When they are done the plumber needs to come back and finish up a few things and the (cross your fingers!) we should be good to go for those flakes!

{School Stuff} A student broke down and cried today because his seat didn't get moved... he needs to be right where he's at for vision and attention reasons. A dad came in and asked that I change his daughter's safety post be changed because she (meaning "he") wasn't comfortable with it. I have three students with special needs in my class and one student with autism mainstreamed in and now there is a student who has been grade advance by TWO years already and now his parents are requesting he be advanced ANOTHER grade level to 5th grade math... not too stressful on a teacher...or the 7 year old working with 11 years olds. It took me over an HOUR to get to work today...

{Good Stuff} I don't have to be to work tomorrow until 9:00 am because I have a meeting at Oakland Schools, a mere 15 minute drive, so no getting up and rushing tomorrow! :)

1 comment:

~Amy said...

All I can say about the driveway is Thank God !! I can't go thru another winter running the risk of laying flat on my face on the icy drive, A** in the air, high heels in hand, sliding under my van, not to mention Derek risking his life...LMAO just thinking about it !!! Congrats, I bet you are relieved! Bring on the snow !!