Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Okay, Ladies... here's a good "date night" movie that your husband will love...
A couple of weeks ago Derek told me about this movie that he really wanted to go see. He asked if I would go with him. I didn't ask many details, but said, "Sure." Well, life happened and we didn't get the opportunity to go. So, late last week he again asked if we could go. The opportunity finally surfaced on Friday. At the time the only place the movie was showing was at the Birmingham 8 Theatre, so we planned to go after work. Friday afternoon Derek called to tell me that it was now playing at Star Theatres in Auburn Hills at 4:20 or 6:30. I'm always skeptical of Derek's movie choices because he always wants to see movies that are "way out there" or require that I do a lot of thinking to understand what is going on... not my type of movie. I like to be entertained. I don't like to think when I am curled up in a large dark room watching a movie. Assuming this movie would be a "thinking" movie I chose the early movie, so I could "get it over with." We both raced out of work and made it into the theatre as the previews ended and the movie began. Again, I didn't know many details about the movie we were seeing other than it was based on a book Derek read a few years ago. He always reads non-fiction books about adventures (mostly outrageous crazy adventures) people take around the world. Interesting? Yes. Do they make me think? Yes. So, do I enjoy them? Not so much. Anyway, the movie turned out to be very good. It was called "Into the Wild" and directed by Sean Penn. I was pleasantly surprised that I liked it. It was just deep enough that it made you think, but not so deep that I had a headache coming out of the theatre. It is entertaining enough that chicks will like it and adventurous enough that men will love it. So, if you are looking for a good date night flick that both of you will enjoy I recommend "Into the Wild." Yes, you call me Siskel or Ebert...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment