Monday, December 10, 2007

Simply lucky!

To have these friends! Words cannot express how fortunate I feel to have them in my life. Days roll by so quickly and it is difficult to remember to stop for a second and appreciate relationships in your life. Well, last night I did just that. We had this great group over for a Christmas dinner celebration. To see these great ladies, along with their husbands, sitting around our dinner table on a Sunday evening when they could have been a million other places with their families or other friends (especially this time of the year) almost took my breath away. Knowing they were here because Derek and I are important people in their lives, too, simply makes me smile. In my occupation we often talk about how "it's all about the relationships." That holds true in personal lives, too. I have leaned on each one of these woman for different reasons at different times in my life... mostly for laughs and good times, but occasionally not so good. Each has far exceeded my friendship expectations. Again, I'm simply lucky!




By the way, not only am I lucky to have their friendship, but look at the eye candy I have when they visit...

The funny stories of ...
*exercise mishaps
*Oops! shouldn't have said that to my child
*A truly amazing dad who was a good sport during play time
*Fake calls to children's teachers
*Horrible student behavior
*Use of the "p" word by children
*Sibling fights
*Dating
*Poor timing of parent phone calls

and many conversations including parenting tips and travel planning made the evening quite joyful, especially with a little help from this... (yes! there are TEN empty bottles here!).
Love to each of these wonderful people and Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Lori said...

What a great picture of you and your friends! That is definitely one to cherish.

~Amy said...

You guys did a great job. The table was beautiful, the food yummy and the company perfect!

Love you both!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Should those of us not invited feel offended.

Kim said...

Thanks again! We had such a wonderful time. We look forward to our weekend getaway.

Anonymous said...

tina,you are lucky, but so are
your friends to have you, such a
kind and caring person with a
beautiful heart and soul!