Saturday, January 19, 2008

Bonfire in the snow....

so cool! Literally and figuratively! We have talked about it many times, but never did it. We were worried it would be too cold and everyone would think we're nuts. Well we chose one of the coldest nights of the year (not on purpose... just kind of happened that way) and fired up (pun intended) the fire pit. Invited a few people over and wah-la! We had a bonfire in the snow. It was a lot of fun and we didn't freeze to death! We had drinks and laughter to keep us warm along with the fire. The test went well, so we'll do it again in the future... It's neat that we will now make use of our backyard in the winter... I don't know if we have ever gone out there during the winter before last night!

Tonight is a GNO (Girl's Night Out) with my childhood friends, Cyd, Marlo, Nancy, and Jodi. We are starting with dinner and going to see where the night takes us. We're going to end with a slumber party @ Cyd's. Can't wait to laugh and reminisce... two of my favorite things to do!

Aim posted a cool book on her blog that I'm going to look into, so I thought I'd add one that I have pre-ordered and can't wait to get:


You can pre-order it here! This book is by Becky Fleck. You can check out her totally cool blog here. You will love her work... it's very similar to Becky Higgins, but I like that she does it digitally and puts picture sizes on her sketches.

Well, I'm off to get ready for my night out! Happy Saturday everyone!

No comments: