Saturday, January 26, 2008

Magazine consolidation

Not too long ago I talked about going through years worth of scrapbook magazines and tearing out only those pages that I had an interest in. As I mentioned I went through about 5 years worth. Well, here is the stack of "ideas" that I ended up with. Much better than the stacks and stacks I started with. It is so much easier flipping through the pages/ideas now. I encourage you to do it. It is time consuming, but liberating. :)After getting some laundry and cleaning done this morning Karen, Derek and I made an IKEA run this afternoon. Karen got a really cool loft bed for Cody... lucky kid. She is decking his room out into a very cool teenager hangout. I got a few things (of course!), but the most surprising is a little table for my sewing machine. I have this great little machine, but have not utilized it nearly as much as I planned when I bought it, so now it will have it's own little spot in my scrapbook room... let's see if it gets more use?!? Tomorrow is a great day... nothing to do, but nothing! Derek is working on a cool cabinet for a client's Wii system (yes, he's building a custom cabinet for a Wii system... crazy, eh?). He's such a talented guy... I wish he "liked" to build stuff as much as he is "good" at building the stuff. I'll share a few of the pieces he's done over the years... so many people ask what he does at work, well maybe it's time I "showed his talent off a little bit" so here goes:


Just a few cool pieces... I'll share more later.

No comments: