Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I am so excited!

We have started the process! We took a "sketch" of both of our decks to Home Depot to get a price on materials. I'm nervous to get the call with the "number." The last time I made a guess as to how much materials would be for a project in our house I was off by about $5,000.00. The guy we talked to was really nice and he told us on several occassions that he would get us a really good deal and work in as many discounts as possible. However, I'm sure the cost of building two decks will be beyond our current budget, but my fingers are crossed! Why does everything have to be so damn expensive??? :)

We have been working our tails off in the yard this past week. This weather is almost frightening it has been so nice (frightening in that I'm worried about what is to come). 90% of our yard is cleaned up and ready for planting our garden and flowers. We've grilled and sat outside several nights in the past week and a half, which has be fabulous!

I'm looking forward to summer... only 32 1/2 days left until I'm done for the year!

More Magazine Wisdom

4 Steps to Fulfilling Your Wildest Dreams
1. Find your vision - Answer this question: "If absolutely anything were possible, what would I love to happen in my life, my work, my relationships?"
2. "Build the Castle" - Flesh out and color in your vision of what the best outcome would look like. Write down every detail: what you'll be doing, what you'll be wearing, whom you'll be with, how you'll feel. Ask for inspiration from close friends and family members.
3. Set the Date - Write down the exact day, month, and year when you will have brought your vision to life. We're not saying, "About six months from now"; we're saying, "Friday, November 7, 2008." This isn't the time to be vague.
4. Commit - Reaching your castle is not something you're just thinking about. So try the exercise on the following page to help you make a detailed plan - and follow it.
-Gail Blanke (personal and executive coach)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hope all turns out with your estimate! We totally know how you feel about projects :)

We need to get together outside one of these days. We are only 10 minutes away :)

Kim