Thursday, April 24, 2008

It's a sad sad day at the Davis household...

It died! It's the first one to go out of the three! We weren't expecting it. There was no indication of a virus or illness. It was fine a few days ago and then last night I came home to it staring at me stuck... couldn't move! I did everything I could to resuscitate to no avail... Scrapbook Studio Tivo died! Along with all programming that I had recorded! It's a sad day in my Blue Room. For those of you that know how much I rely on and love my relationship with this little box or have your own commitment to one you understand my misery and concern. If you don't have a relationship with one of these little black boxes you are truly missing out! :) Our search for a replacement will begin soon, but I thought I should be respectful and allow a few hours of reflection before jumping into a new box! LOL!


On a brighter note... if you like magazines and like to know all of the gossip going on in Hollywood take advantage of this deal! It is a subscription to Entertainment Weekly (a full year) for $10!! Yep, ten bucks! Make sure you mark the "bill me" box. The fine print says they will bill your credit card for the "current renewal rate" at the end of your year. If you don't give them a credit card they can't bill you... bet you couldn't have figured that one out on your own! LOL! I signed myself up, so join me! Maybe we can start a magazine club. :)

Update: I just went to this site and ordered SEVEN more magazine subscriptions for $29.00!! Pretty good deal! The funny part is that I asking myself, "When in the world am I going to have time to read them???" Oh well, it was a great deal!

2 comments:

~Amy said...

My condolences on TiVo...I know how much he meant to you.

I may check out that mag site...I LOVE getting them in the mail. It just makes me happy to go to the mailbox and find a mag :)

Kim said...

I was thinking the same thing, when do you have time to read all those magazines :)

I do love receiving mail though!

Sorry to hear about your TIVO. I would be so lost without ours.

Last night we took Bill's Dad out for dinner and ended up in the gazebo until 10pm. If I didn't have Tivo I would have missed Lost, Survivor AND CSI.