Saturday, April 26, 2008

This is my 100th Post! Woo hoo!

Not sure why it is so exciting that this is my 100th post, but I noticed it when I logged on so I thought I'd give it a mention! Anyway, to more exciting news!

All of you parents out there... here is the perfect movie to take your little ones to on a rainy afternoon... (click on picture to go to website). Derek and I took one of my students, and one of her friends, to see this movie. Her parents won the "movie date" at our school's annual silent auction fund raiser. It was fun to see and listen to kids "outside" of school. I am friends with this particular student's parents, so I've seen her outside of school quite a bit through the years, but being one-on-one was interesting. Listening to the girls talk confirmed that this, is indeed, the time of year when 5th grade girls notice 5th grade boys!!! At the end of the evening I thanked the girls for letting us "adopt" them for the evening, so we could go see this movie.

We adopted a new Tivo. I ordered it off of Ebay within hours of the old one dying. I found a new 80 hour (our old one was only 40 hours) Tivo for $39.99! That's cheap! You are probably wondering why in the world I need an EIGHTY hour Tivo box. Well, I often watch shows like Oprah or Scrapbook Memories and see an idea that I would like to refer back to at a later date, so I "save" the show on Tivo, which takes up memory space. On my Tivo that died I probably had 15+ hours of "return to" shows and my standing 5 hours of General Hospital each week you can see how hours of recording time can quickly dwindle away. I am patiently awaiting my new buddy. I hope he arrives soon!

No comments: