Monday, December 15, 2008

Do You Have ADHD?

Everyone feels overwhelmed and has trouble getting organized from time to time, but that doesn't mean you have ADHD, says Terry Matlen, MSW, a therapist and author of Survival Tips for Women with ADHD. If you exhibit several of the symptoms below, and have had them since childhood, you may be ADHD....

*have difficulty finishing a job (sometimes)
*have trouble concentrating (sometimes)
*are distracted easily (check!)
*have a hard time following instructions (only when they are verbal... I am a visual learner!)
*get confused when more than one person is talking (check!)
*get upset and irritated easily (nope!)
*are constantly late (check!)
*have poor self-esteem (nope!)
*are figety and impatient (occasionally... if I'm not interested in what is being discussed)
*have difficulty making decisions (sometimes)
*lose things frequently (nope!)
*are disorganized (occasionally)
*take on more tasks than you can handle (check!... but getting better!)
(Womans Day, November 2008)

Okay, my self-diagnosis is a minor case of ADHD! Hmmm.....

2 comments:

Heather Leigh said...

irritated easily? check!

impatient? check!

take on more task than I can handle? I would say check, but somehow I always manage to handle them even if it means staying up until 3 am to get things done.

I'm definitely not ADHD, just an impatient, irritable, overcommitted woman. :)

Lori said...

I often wondered if I was ADHD. Lose concentration, distracted easily, upset and irritated easily, figety and impatient, difficulty making decisions, and losing things. All Check!