Monday, February 23, 2009

Challenge 02a

A bit behind, but want to do all the Challenges, so I'm completing them in order! Here is my take on Challenge 02a...

ORIGINAL
MY LAYOUT
One of my most treasured possessions is a little book I gave my dad several years ago for Christmas. It is filled with questions and a space for the person to answer. This book focused on questions for "dad." Lucky me, he filled it out through the year and then returned it to me as a Christmas present the following year... I cried! It was the best gift I've ever received! I scanned in some of the pages, printed them a little smaller so more would fit on a page, and included them on this layout. This is the only "school" picture I have of my dad, so I thought it was appropriate to include school related questions/answers. I also love that the answers are "in" my dad's handwriting!

5 comments:

Lori said...

I remember when you gave this to him. How cool that he gave it back with all of the answers! Many of them I already knew through talking with him but to have them documented is awesome. Maybe Karen and I should each give him one and see if he responds with the same answers. lol. Love the layout.

~Amy said...

Love it Tina! Soooo special. The layout and colors are beautiful :)

Kim said...

Wow Tina, I absolutely love this! What a great idea and I LOVE that he returned it as a Christmas present all filled out.

I would love to know how you made this.

Heather Leigh said...

Did you MAKE the book? HOW VERY COOL! Do you have an electronic copy of it you could share? I'd love to print one out and give to my parents. And kev's parents. Very Very cool.

xxxxx said...

Sorry ladies, no digital version. I bought it at a Hallmark store or something like that. Look there.. it is titled "Dad, Share Your Life With Me". I gave one to my mom, too, but she hasn't returned it... :(