Sunday, May 3, 2009

Derek and I kicked a$$ today...

we decided today was the day to get the house spring cleaned! Furniture moved and mopped under, baseboards cleaned, cabinets emptied and wiped out, office paper piles organized and put away, laundry done, closets cleaned and organized, laundry room deep cleaned... including the inside and outside of the washer/dryer and the dispensers, floors vacuumed, bathrooms deep cleaned, windows cleaned (some anyway), my work documents put away, and we did it all today... at least the first and second floors... tomorrow we'll finish the third floor and we'll be set!! I love a deeply cleaned house! and I also love that my husband is one of those guys that pitches in and does his fair share (actually, I think he did far more than his fair share today...I got off easy by completing some of the "easier" tasks)!

5 comments:

Heather Leigh said...

SWEET! I'm usually on my own when it comes to the deeps cleaning...which is why it takes me over a month to finish the spring cleaning!!

Kim said...

Wow, can you come to my house? It is LITERALLY a pit right now.

Lori said...

I LOVE a freshly cleaned house too. Of course my men HATE when I vacuum. In fact, Anthony told our mother the other day that I take after her for my constant vacuuming. I admit a dirty floor or carpet is a huge pet peeve of mine. The thing is though that I have actually gotten more laid back in the house cleaning because I don't want to be a "clean" freak. I want my home to look like a family lives in it. I still do alot of picking up all day long though.

Lori said...

Oh! And I am with ya on the hubby helping out. Mine is really good about pitching in too. In fact, we laugh at each other after literally running through the house to pick things up when someone calls to say they are coming by. We work well together under pressure. LOL

~Amy said...

Awesome! :)