Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My time on Facebook is all worth this find...

that there girl in the middle... Nikki! She and I were two peas in a pod for years and years! She moved to Tennessee in 9th grade, but we kept in touch through our early 20s. She went on the road following her dreams and we lost touch along the way. Through the years I tried finding her via the internet, but was never able to until Facebook! We found each other early this winter and I was elated! We enjoyed a short visit when I traveled south in February, but a tragic accident cut our reunion short. Luckily, we continue to chat via the internet and hope to get together again this summer. Boy, the laughs and experiences we shared during her visits to Michigan through high school! For this reconnection, Facebook is simply the best!

In this picture we are in 9th grade at a school dance. I LOVED the "matching" sweatshirts we had on. I remember passing them back and forth... this was a "big" girls way of dressing alike. Yes, I have spray hair color striping my hair... I know Nik did too, but you can't see it in this picture. Oh, the memories of dancing and sweating in the Sashabaw Junior High gym... boy watching... snickering at others... loved those days when those were the only things you had to worry about! So happy Nik is back in my life!

4 comments:

Kim said...

All I have to say is "Awesome hair!"

Glad you were able to connect with a good friend.

Heather Leigh said...

The girl on the far left looks absolutely thrilled to be at the dance! lol!!

Your hair is PRICELESS! Love it!

:)

nicole said...

this picture is frickin' hilarious!!! I remember those sweat shirts! we were seriously BAD ASS!!! Such good memories.....
xoxo
n

nicole said...

funny that you are the only one smiling.. I think you took a break from the snarly to pose!