It is still shocking that Michael Jackson died. Many have equated his death to the Elvis of our generation and I guess I kind of agree. I haven't been a strong follower of him for years, but when I did I was a HUGE fan. I would have to say he was my teenage years' "Kid Rock." I had his posters on my bedroom walls, buttons on my jean jacket, and could recite most of his songs word for word. I remember moonwalking with girlfriends at dances and watching the Thriller album videos over and over on MTV. His passing saddens me, not only for the loss of a great musical artist, but because icons from my generation's "growing up" years are now dieing. It just doesn't seem possible! Michael Jackson's death will go on myl ist of "I'll always remember where I was when __________ died." The list is short... Princess Diana, Dale Earnhart, and now, Michael Jackson. I took the opportunity to watch his memorial service on Tuesday. It was surreal watching the tributes... many speaking at the memorial were many years older than Michael. It seemed as if Michael should be speaking at THEIR memorial. I snapped pictures of the television screen (for the scrapbook of course!) and to look at years down the road. My favorite and most moving is the picture taken above. I snapped it as the camera faded from one focus to another and could not believe how eerie it is... It is a picture of Michael looking down at his own coffin. Many ridicule him for the accusations made about him and the strange behaviors he displayed, but I am choosing to remember him as an extremely talented musician and humanitarian. Should the accusations be true, well, Karma will get him in the end. Here are the other snapshots I took while watching. Rest In Peace, Michael!
3 comments:
I am saddened as well. Your thoughts were well put.
I remember I was at Mesquite Creek celebrating your Birthday at Happy Hour.
I still can't believe it...very well wrote and we were celebrating Ken's birthday. What got my tears flowing was listening to his daughter Paris.......
Well said T. I remember the same 3 deaths and where I was, too!
Post a Comment