Cabinets from the "original" design are complete and Derek has set them in place... they aren't installed (attached) yet, but I have a much better idea about how it will "look" when the room is finished... I'm thrilled! We finished the layout of the area that was supposed to house my treadmill and am SOOOO glad that I changed my mind. It definitely makes the room look more "complete" and gives me more storage and counter space, which is perfect. The BEST thing about working with Derek on this project versus a "hired" contractor is that I can make changes as we go if I don't like something or don't think it will work... and if you know me you know that happens. I drew a layout (pun intended!) of the room and labeled what I want to go in most drawers and cabinets... making sure everything has a home and that the room is TRULY CUSTOM to my needs. LOVE that!
The other part that I really enjoy is Derek and I having the opportunity to work *together* on another major project. We really do work well together on things like this... I can't remember the statistics, but they are supposedly high regarding the rate of divorce and its correlation with building houses or remodel jobs. I have to say that we are a darn good team! I don't remember any major disagreements or arguments when we were building our house or any as we've completed projects along the way. (Now dinner parties is another subject... the few of you that know about the onion mishap a year ago are laughing! LOL!... but I think we have that down pat now, too!).
Today's updates:
Floors Covered
cabinets cut and ready to be assembled
first cabinet being assembled by my cute husband
FIRST CABINET IN MY ROOM! YAY!
SECOND CABINET IN MY ROOM... WE'RE ON A ROLL! YAY!
ALL CABINETS FROM *ORIGINAL* PLAN SET IN PLACE
Next, is building the toe kicks and cabinets for the area I "added"!
5 comments:
Love it! Just love the blue, too Now that everything is out I can really see the color. So Happy! So Fun! Awesome Teamwork!
Awesome! Looked GREAT today! Love all your plans and organization.
I agree with you. Bill & I always get along when working on house stuff!
Can't wait to see the finished product!! Give Derek an extra scrappy hug from me for being such a "good" husband to do this for you!! :)
Are you going to have a Scrap Book Room open house so we can all see the hard work you and Derek have done?
This looks great so big and open, lots of lights and love the blue! Looks like a great place for creative inspiration.:)
Post a Comment