Another one bites the dust... another one done, another one done, another one bites the dust!
I'm excited to have a Christmas layout done! One of my theme albums is "Christmas", but I haven't done much with my Christmas pictures in several years. I think it is because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them, and let's be honest, I take a TON of Christmas pictures each year. Some are pretty good, but others, not so much. Regardless, I can't seem to part with any of them. When I flip through pics from years past there is always someone or something in the background or off to the side that brings back a special memory. So, I've decided, make that given myself permission, to scrap/keep ALL of my Christmas pictures. Not sure exactly what this will look like yet, but I'll figure it out.
Speaking of (forgotten) special memories... when flipping through my Christmas pictures I came across this set. A simple common Christmas activity... cutting down a Christmas tree. However, look how darn young Spencer is!!!!!! So cute... but these pictures also highlight some other thoughts (should have journaled them! darn!). These pictures were pre-Carson! Gasp! Doesn't seem possible that there was a pre-Carson era! He's such a huge presence in the Petoskey family that it is hard to remember the days before him! It also highlights just how long we have been BFFs with the Petoskeys! These pictures were taken almost exactly 10 years ago!! Time sure does fly!!
Journaling:
I'm excited to have a Christmas layout done! One of my theme albums is "Christmas", but I haven't done much with my Christmas pictures in several years. I think it is because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them, and let's be honest, I take a TON of Christmas pictures each year. Some are pretty good, but others, not so much. Regardless, I can't seem to part with any of them. When I flip through pics from years past there is always someone or something in the background or off to the side that brings back a special memory. So, I've decided, make that given myself permission, to scrap/keep ALL of my Christmas pictures. Not sure exactly what this will look like yet, but I'll figure it out.
Speaking of (forgotten) special memories... when flipping through my Christmas pictures I came across this set. A simple common Christmas activity... cutting down a Christmas tree. However, look how darn young Spencer is!!!!!! So cute... but these pictures also highlight some other thoughts (should have journaled them! darn!). These pictures were pre-Carson! Gasp! Doesn't seem possible that there was a pre-Carson era! He's such a huge presence in the Petoskey family that it is hard to remember the days before him! It also highlights just how long we have been BFFs with the Petoskeys! These pictures were taken almost exactly 10 years ago!! Time sure does fly!!
Journaling:
On December 02, 2001 we met our friends, Joel, Amy, and Spencer Petoskey, at the Candy Cane Tree Farm in Oxford, MI. Derek and I love real Christmas trees, so we enjoy getting out in the crisp winter air to hunt down the perfect tree. Amy and Joel love real trees, too, so we decided to go on our hunt together. We walked and walked, and walked some more, before we found "the tree." It was so fun watching cute little Spencer waddle between the trees all bundled up in his winter coat, hat and gloves! What a beautiful, sunny, winter day!
A few notes: I pulled out some "old" supplies... it felt good. I'm over keeping up with the "trends" in scrapbooking. I am a simple, clean lines, do what I feel comfortable with, scrapbooker. Thanks for looking!
4 comments:
Awwww! Spence is such a cutie patoot! Great page!!
Wow, that was a long time ago! Great Memories! Way to keep current T!
I'm on your page now because I just sat down to do a challenge.
Awwww!! Love it! That was so long ago I forgot about it! I know I have pics some where, too! Thanks for the memory. Can. Not. Wait. to get back at it! XO
Thanks, girls! :)
Post a Comment