I was determined to stay caught up with the Challenges this time around... and I'm succeeding. I forgot how much I truly enjoy scrapbooking... here is my rendition of Challenge 23
I started an 8.5x11 album to put "All About Me" pages in. Well, I struggled because the journaling and the single picture I had planned for this page would.not.fit on an 8.5x11 page. After spending too much time trying to force it, I gave in and was going to create a 12x12. Well, as I was reworking the plan I figured out how to keep it 8.5x11. I did a "layered" layout. This top photo shows the top page closed over the bottom page.
This picture shows the top page opened up to expose the second page.
I am totally into custom sized page protectors. I've made several now (see previous KR post). This is what the layered page looks like in my custom made page protectors. I simply use my sewing machine to stitch the page protectors to the size I need. Easy-peasy. I needed the top page to be smaller, so it would expose my title on the right side. I also needed a second page because I couldn't fit all of my journaling on the front page with my picture. Problem solved with a layered, custom sized page protector page. :)
My journaling is below. I like that I documented "my" lessons learned... I may figure out a way to frame this... good reminders for me to reflect upon regularly. :)
I started an 8.5x11 album to put "All About Me" pages in. Well, I struggled because the journaling and the single picture I had planned for this page would.not.fit on an 8.5x11 page. After spending too much time trying to force it, I gave in and was going to create a 12x12. Well, as I was reworking the plan I figured out how to keep it 8.5x11. I did a "layered" layout. This top photo shows the top page closed over the bottom page.
This picture shows the top page opened up to expose the second page.
I am totally into custom sized page protectors. I've made several now (see previous KR post). This is what the layered page looks like in my custom made page protectors. I simply use my sewing machine to stitch the page protectors to the size I need. Easy-peasy. I needed the top page to be smaller, so it would expose my title on the right side. I also needed a second page because I couldn't fit all of my journaling on the front page with my picture. Problem solved with a layered, custom sized page protector page. :)
My journaling is below. I like that I documented "my" lessons learned... I may figure out a way to frame this... good reminders for me to reflect upon regularly. :)
o hard work does pay off o your best friends will chat and laugh with you into the wee hours of the morning... because you, nor they, know when you will get the next opportunity o invest in friendships... the return is priceless o college is worth the time and the money o staying true to the person you are gets more difficult as you get older... others want to change you o laughter is the best medicine... it can cure stress instantly o avoid drama... it's not worth the stress --> ever. o others will judge you... but only pay attention to self judgment o stick with people who are fun... see above --> laughter is the best medicine o never let others think you are too old to have fun... age is a number -->having fun keeps you young o never lie at the expense of your integrity... being truthful cultivates trust o save for a rainy day... but don't be afraid to treat yourself as if there may be no tomorrow o take time to snuggle on the couch... a clean house can wait o never stop learning... professionally or in your personal life o don't be afraid to stand up for what or who you believe in o bubble baths are another stress reliever... enjoy them often o never stop dreaming... you need those dreams to keep you motivated and invested in life o treasure the sunny days... because you need to weather the stormy days o your parents will always love you unconditionally... and their pride will always shine through o don't worry too much about vanity... those that matter will think you are beautiful no matter what o always be thankful for your health... it can change in an instant o be proud of your optimistic attitude... always challenge the pessimists! o expect apologies... and then let go o you are not a morning person... accept it and enjoy the days you get to wake up without an alarm clock o movies are an escape... see them often o you will learn to love traveling... not only to sunny beaches, but to places where you learn about new cultures o
always spend time on your favorite hobbies... they can easily get pushed to the side when life gets busy and it's easy to forget just how much joy they bring to your life o always remember to dance... no matter where you are or who is watching o get plenty of sleep... it is what keeps you healthy o it's okay to want to make more money... instead of spend less o read quotes and let them inspire you... but at some point believe you are good enough just the way you are o don't stop eating slowly even if others seem annoyed... enjoy the meal, the conversation, and the moment o getting lost in a good book is a good thing... it's feeling sad that you have lost a good friend once the book ends that is the hard part o invest in expensive sunglasses... they are worth it o listen... to children and the elderly because they often share thoughts that will change your way of thinking o expect others to treat you well... especially your husband o celebrate your love for technology... because it's fun to get new toys o don't be afraid to admit when you are wrong... it is not a sign of weakness o religion will not be an important part of your life... doesn't mean you can't be spiritual o never end a date night with friends or family simply because it is getting late... those moments and memories become priceless o hugs are the best way to say "hello" and "goodbye"... give them often o be a role model and empower others... especially young girls o most importantly... be real. be you.
3 comments:
Love your lessons and the hideaway journaling!!
This is really cool! I love it! I need some work on journaling!
Tears! Loved this! Soooo you! I think we should all take the challenge to reflect and write one for ourselves. I think we would all be so inspired by what we read from others AND ourselves. You have to print it and put a copy at home and work! Love you!
Post a Comment