Monday, October 24, 2011

Challenge 22 - Done!

I started Challenge 22 almost two weeks ago. I had most of it laid out... just needed to finalize the journaling and glue everything down.  Finished that up tonight. I'm excited to have this event documented... it was a great night!

This is the left side page:


This is the right side page:


This the journaling that will be sandwiched between the pages... it's an excerpt from a random blog that copied and pasted about the concert...

My journaling under the left side page reads as follows:


SO.MUCH.FUN! I have been to many, many Kid Rock concerts, but this was one of the best! Karen, Amy, and I started the night with Bad-Ass beer and appetizers in our beautiful room at Motor City Casino. We were soon joined by a bunch of fun, fun friends.... Heather, Denise, and crew, and Mandy and her boyfriend, Steve.  We took a lot of crazy, cool pictures, sang our hearts out to Kid Rock tunes (both old and new) and created an empty beer bottle pyramid!  Silly fun!   Of course, the concert itself was AWE.SOME! The guest lineup was great... my favorite was Sheryl Crow. The chemistry between her and KR could be felt throughout the stadium!  My only disappointment was that Hank, Jr., didn't show up. Now worries though, the performances with Rev Run and Kracker made up for his absence!  The night ended somewhat early (before the bars closed "early") with Karen ordering a $30.00+ pizza from the hotel that was barely touched because we had all fallen asleep by the time it was delivered to our room. LOL! As always, great times with great friends! What a great way to usher in the 1971-ers 40th year! Happy Birthday, KR!


**Connection to Challenge 22... I planned to use the title with the numbers/months/days, but just couldn't get it to fit on the layout without it looking silly.  I did print the picture of KR to resemble the one in the challenge... a tall, big picture. I love this pic of KR... a true representation of what he looks like on stage. 

2 comments:

Heather Leigh said...

LOVE the page! Love the quote. AN UNFORGETTABLE night!

~Amy said...

Love! We have to stop talking Karen into ordering pizza after concerts! I think we ordered $50 worth after Kenny! LOL!