Get rid of the almost FIVE years worth of scrapbook magazines I had stashed! They were taking up valuable space, I hardly ever refer back to them and if I do I get distracted by the magazine and don't finish the project, and I saw several ideas on Two Peas from women who had consolidated, so I decided to take the leap. Now, I couldn't just throw them away, so I took the advice of other scrapbookers and went through every darn issue and tore out any ideas or tips that I thought I would like to quickly refer back to. I ended up with a stack about two inches high... much better than the 3-4 foot high stack I started with! Now I have each idea organized in a specific folder (titles, sketches, embellishments, computer tricks, etc.). So far it has worked for me. I've done a few pages and it was so much easier to refer to these folders that flip through mag after mag. It took some time to do, but totally worth it. I feel 5 years worth of magazines lighter! LOL!
Derek is out leaf blowing today... he started the project last fall, but the early snow storms prevented him from finishing, so now that the snow is gone and it is brown and ugly outside he thought he should get them up. Hopefully, it will help the grass... it's so ugly outside right now! I really like it better when it's white and pre
tty outside... like this
:
The first pic is my garden area and the second one is our fire pit. I took these on New Years Day. How quickly things change!
1 comment:
I posted about "bucket list" on my blog as well. We have totally different perspectives. lol. I guess I agree with the critics. But have fun making your "list". Maybe our fellow bloggers should do either a "bucket list" or "book of possibilities" and share them with each other. It would be interesting to read each other's lists. Hey, maybe we can do a scrapbooking date where everyone makes a page with the things they come up with.
Post a Comment