Saturday, January 12, 2008

So, I didn't get the Victoria's Secret Sparkle Poof, but

I did get this shiny, super-fast, cool new laptop!
I also got a blazing-fast, top-of-the-line wireless router, which I desperately wanted/needed to speed up our Internet connect. Will I get this super cool Poof that I want? Of course I will! On my trip to Somerset next week. :) I also got this really neat software to use with my Cricut. I've just started playingaround with it, but it is really cool!Anyway, we spent a really nice evening together last night. It was slow-paced and relaxing, which I love. We went to see a great movie... The Bucket List. It didn't get very good reviews, but it is a must see movie... really gets you thinking about life and how you should live it. It even prompted Derek and I to begin talking about our "Bucket Lists" (a list of things you want to do before you 'Kick the Bucket'). We decided we are going to write them. So far Derek has "travel through Europe for a month" on his. We have talked about doing this for a loonnnggg time, so I definitely support it. One that will be on my list is starting a college scholarship at CHS. The requirements will be that you want to go to college, need some guidance on getting through college, and neither of your parents ever attended college...my scenario exactly. Conceptually, I don't know how I'll make this happen, but I'm sure it can't be too hard. Anyway, I love both of these actors, so I knew it couldn't be a bad movie like some critics were saying. I'll admit... I had tears in my eyes throughout, so take a tissue. After the movies we went to dinner at the Clarkston Cafe'. We went on a whim. We've only been there once since it reopened. A bottle of wine and some of the best bread and pasta I have ever had later, we slowly made our way out the doors absolutely stuffed and completely happy. I tell you this because I'm not a big pasta eater... I do like it, but always feel super-fat after eating, so it's not my first dinner choice. Well, the pasta last night (just a penne with pesto cream sauce and Italian sausage) was so good that it was worth the fat miserable feeling I had leaving. :) Year number TWELVE is off to a great start!

3 comments:

~Amy said...

The scholarship idea is a great! You would make an awesome mentor.

Lori said...

Whoops! I posted my comment about the "bucket list" in the wrong post on your blog. Sorry! Anyway, what is the pink puffy poof thing?? I guess I'll have to check it out on the VS website.

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am Shauna's grandmother and we read your Blog mentioning the scholarships for CHS. I have been involved in very large ones for a few years and know how to arrange them. I work through the school counselor Tara. This year we will be giving 10- $5700 ones! They usually run $500 to $1000 up. All are appreciated and it is fun to present them yourself. Any questions please e mail me

glenita1@charter.net Anita Davison