I was ready for a change... isn't that new banner cool? I found it on the internet and manipulated it in ACDSee 10 Photo Editor. It's a tribute to a city that I love, but so many hate and criticize. No, it's definitely not the best city in America, but it's home (sort of) and I'm glad that it's getting better. Hopefully, with all of the bad administrative choices it will continue to improve.
On another note, in the past week I've had the honor of having dinner, lunch, play dates, or chat sessions with several of my girlfriends. It's ironic that during every one of the conversations the same topics came up... budgets, dislike for something about homes, career stress/decisions, and the general life stress of needing to "get ahead." Yesterday I was cleaning away and started to reflect on the conversations I've had in the past week and the similarities between them. It smacked me in the face like the cold winter wind this week! So many of us (well, all of "us") are forgetting to *stop* *look around* *reflect* and be proud of whatever "our" lives hold at this point. I went through my list of close girlfriends and focused on a few things that I am especially proud of for each one. I also noted that I have not taken the time to share these things with any of them... or at least not to the extent that they should hear it. So, my goal for the next few months is to make sure each and every one of my g-friends (family included) know just how proud of them I am! You go girls... I'm surrounded by such a wonderful set of women! I know that and I want them to know that, too! Be proud of the mom you are! Be proud of the home you live in! Be proud of the career you've chosen (yes! SAHMs included in "careers")! Be proud of the car you drive! Be proud of the wife you are! Be proud of how beautiful you are! Be proud of the friends you have! Be proud of the wonderful woman you have become! I AM!
{Good Stuff: The birds are chirping today... does that mean spring is around the corner???}
1 comment:
Love your new look!!! :)
Thank you for your wonderful thoughts! That is so true how you forget to reflect on what you have.
Very inspirational, thanks!
Kim
Post a Comment