Thursday, February 21, 2008

Pulled an All-nighter...

almost! I was up until almost 4:00 am this morning putzing (sp?)around in (where else?) my scrapbook room. I don't know exactly what I was doing other than spending unnecessary money thanks to my good friend Heather. I caught up on her blog, but paid particular attention to her February 1 post where she talked about working out and getting in shape. I researched her secret and fun recommendation and bought it here. It was a late-night weary-eyed late-night purchase, but it looks so fun and with Heather's validation that it's working for he I jumped on board. I'm excited to receive it!

Referring back to more torn-out magazine pages (I now have them nicely organized) and thought I'd continue to share more wisdom (from others, not me :).

The 7 Qualities of Women You Want to Be Around (author unknown)

1. The see the strengths, not the limitations, in others. They make you proud to be yourself-because they tell you why you're special.
2. They trust you so fully that you feel compelled to meet their expectations. Consequently, they make you feel like a better person than you normally are.
3. They respect you for what you have done and where you have come from.
4. They are authentic and don't need you to lie to them to feed their egos.
5. They live by their rules but don't expect you to follow them.
6. They are at peace with themselves, so they don't have to prove anything to you.
7. They're good listeners and sincerely interested in you, so you feel important. Because they're available for honest and genuine discussions, they make you want to share yourself.

This is the woman I strive to be.
Look at these cute kids... I had a "play date" earlier this week with Marlo, Cyd and Nance. I loved seeing their beautiful children and being in the crazy-fun of seven children! Simply wonderful!

Yes! It is difficult to get 7 children in a picture and to all look at the same time... heck, did I say difficult? Let's say impossible! LOL! Marlo's cute boys (Jacob in gray & Dylan in green).

Nancy's girls (Nadia & Veronica) and Cyd's girls (Holly & Nicole) and Nancy's son, Tyler

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you want to be a mom of 7? :)

BTW - what happened to me being able to leave comments without being able to leave my name.

Errica

Heather Leigh said...

Let me know how the HHA is going!! I'm taking a rare rest day today, breaking my 18 day streak. I'll start a new streak tomorrow...