Sunday, January 17, 2010

Scrapbook Room Update 5

Happy New Year, everyone! Mine has gotten off to a busy start... back to work, back to night/weekend classes, back to managing a house alone... stopping in to give the next update to my Scrapbook Room!  This is the area that was supposed to house my treadmill... and I am SO, SO, SO glad that I changed my mind! This little area really completes the room and I know now that I would have regretted my first decision to eliminate these cabinets for the treadmill.
 BEFORE                                                                                                           AFTER
t








The next stressful decision to be made was whether we should cut the trim from around the windows, so the upper cabinets can be moved up... giving more clearance between the counter-top and the upper cabinet. Seems like a simple decision, but not for me!  You see, all of the trim in our house was custom made (by Derek) and to damage something he created and put so much effort into did not seem right.... AND I was afraid I wouldn't like it and would regret the decision.  It's crazy how I can make professional decisions so quickly, soundly, and confidently... but personal decisions come hard for me.  Well, once again, Derek made the decision much easier by saying, "If you don't like it, I can always redo it to the way it was." Which is true. I just don't want to create more work for him. By the way, he was really in favor of cutting it off and moving the cabinets up.... so that's what we are doing. You can see the cut lines on the bottom of the trim... that's where it will be cut off.... makes me nervous thinking about it! :)


No comments: