Sunday, January 17, 2010

Seriously! This is the coolest lady I know!


This is Derek's beautiful grandma! She turned 89 years old this month and has more spunk, class, and wisdom than woman half her age! Derek and I took her to dinner for her birthday.  She chose to go to Lion's Den... I really like that place! I hadn't been there in years, so a big thank you to Grandma for reminding me to go there more often! Anyhoo... do you see what a great jacket and purse Grandma is carrying??? The are both silver! Cute, stylish silver!  She ALWAYS dresses so hip and with the times... check this outfit out...


 stylish scarf, beautiful leather jacket... this was at the family Christmas party last month.  As we were leaving dinner Grandma and I had this conversation:

Me: Grandma, I love your jacket and purse.  The are really cute.

Grandma: Oh, thank you.  This is a jacket that I got on sale for half-off. Just a little something that I got a good deal on.

Me: Well, it was a great choice. It looks great on you and is so stylish. I have to tell you, Grandma, you are the hippest Grandma I know!

Grandma: Well, Tina. I remember a conversation that Becky (Derek's aunt) had with Lisa (Derek's cousin) many years ago when Becky told Lisa that if she ever started dressing like and old lady she better stop her. I remember thinking, I never want to dress like an old lady. So I try not to.

Me: Grandma, you are faarr from dressing like an old lady!

She is an inspirational woman that I truly look up to! She is such a great role model for all women and if I am half the woman she is at 89 I have lived well!

6 comments:

Denise said...

Wow! She looks great! How wonderful to have her in your lives.

XXDenise

Kim said...

She "IS" stylin'!

Way to go Grandma!

~Amy said...

Love her and I want to be just like that...let's make a pact...we're never dressing like old ladies, either!

Heather Leigh said...

GO Grandma!! And let's sign that pact with a martini! After 4/12 that is. :)

xxxxx said...

You got it, girls! A pact it is!! and we WILL sign it with a martini after 4/12!!

nicole said...

What A hip lady! I remember Lions den..You got a pretty cute man there to girl!